Monday, July 5, 2010

FLIGHT FROM THE HIGHEST FLYING SIGHT OF INDIA.......

 


Flying at the highest flying sight of India, which is Bir, [Himachal Pradesh] was a privilege for me. I was always said that height wouldn’t matter me if I have the guts to fly in such a small age, but that isn’t true. Not just me, but anyone in this world would be scared if they suddenly go so high. I have been flying on a considerably small mountain, in the start of the autumn vacations, I was said that I have to fly in the great and huge mountain range which includes Mt.Everest, K2 and Kanchenjunga; the three highest mountain of the world, it was THE HIMALAYAS. Sounds too interesting!!!
I left my house, wishing everything would be fine. I reached Bir, late at night, unfortunately I didn’t see the mountains due to the darkness, but I asked for other pilot’s advice about the sight and the weather conditions and all said that it would be fantastic after certain flights.
The next morning, I made up my mind to fly on a new sight and sat in a car which was going to drop me at the flying sight. It took a really long time to climb the mountain and finally I was near the takeoff point. It was my first time on that sight; so many experienced pilots were advising me. They all showed me a place which was visible not more than 2cm from that height, as the landing area.
I opened my glider and pined up my harness. It was my first flight so I decided to do a bottom landing. I pulled the glider and was in the air. After that I was on my own. That time was the most beautiful time I ever had in the air; the huge work of nature and the wonderful greenery around which felt like heaven. I enjoyed that scene for a long time and later concentrated on the landing area. I didn’t have much flying experience that time, so I couldn’t judge the landing area. It took a really long time to reduce a feet of distance and at that time I was scared by the height I gained unnecessarily during appreciating the work of Mother Nature. That time what I was supposed to do was try for some S-turns and I did it but after a short break. And after some time, when I went closer to the land, I couldn’t believe my eyes, the landing area not 2cm but so big that two Olympic size swimming pools would easily fit into it and there were hundreds of people sitting down and seeing the other pilots fly. I landed down safely with no more fear of great heights because I had done a flight from the highest flying sight of India.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, well done Shrikanta! both on the blogpost and the flight :-)
    Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing !! Was really great to read about it. I wish I could experience that some day !

    ReplyDelete