Wednesday, June 2, 2010

IT HAPPENS!!!!!




We all check our equipments before we take off, I did the same on that day. It’s been a really long time that I have learnt to take off but that day was really unlucky for me. It had been a long time but I was not able to take off. All people around were getting hyper watching me fall so many times but I never cared. My lines were all getting jumbled but they were again getting cleared on their own.
At last, I took off from the ridge but there was a huge gust which picked me up with a great speed. My glider was pushed to the other side of the valley, all pilots from the ground were screaming “BRAKES UP” I lucky heard that and did the same when I looked up to my glider I saw a knot on my left brake line. I was yet being pushed back to the other side of the valley. I decided to turn and land in the other valley side but as I turned and faced the other valley; there were huge gusts which collapsed the sides of my glider, I was parallel to my glider. It was acting really weird and was doing wing overs on its own. It reduced my height and got me to the ground with a great speed. I was banged on the ground and the glider dragged me for a long distance but at last I was safe, there were many of them who came running but I stood still and started checking if anything was broken in my body. But I was totally in one piece. Ya! But I had got a slight jerk on my back but that was fine. When I returned back on the take off, many pilots said that I am adventurous, but I know what my condition in the air was. I was not panic, nor I was scared, I just didn’t understand for a few seconds that what was wrong with my glider. I was on the ground till I could understand that!!!
That was my last flight of season 2009-2010, the wind grew quit violent later. Now I am waiting for the rainy season to finish in Panchgani [India] so that I can again go for some crazy things like this!!! FLY SAFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment