Sunday, May 22, 2011

FLYING PARADISE- NEPAL!!!


Nepal; Whenever you think about this country, though you have visited it or not but you imagine about the highest range in world The Himalayas and why not the whole country is surrounded by it and I guess that must be one of the reasons that Britishers couldn’t enter this country. The birth place of Buddha and Mt.Everest are the major speciallity of this country. But I went there to see none of them; a very few people in this world do paragliding and let me tell you if you are one of them you have to visit this site in Pokhra that is Sarangkot that is what my main intention was to fly on the highest flying site in world which is situated in none other than Nepal.
First flight from Sarangkot was really awesome, before taking off I consulted the local pilots for knowing the weather conditions, thermals and landing area; and specially speaking about landing area I thought it would be a small piece of land as usually it is but here it was totally different, it was almost a 100 acre plain grassland divided in two by a narrow stream of water which met the lake the foot line of the huge mountain. And as soon as I took off, wow it was paradise, on one side huge mountains covered with snow, under me was a huge lake [at least huge for me] and on the other side it was endless range of Himalaya.[personally recommend you to fly there and have a wonderful experience]
This is a very interesting country; a smaller version of India a decade after independence. 95 days strike in a whole year and I saw two of it…. Really not pleasant. All the shops, schools, vehicles are closed by the different castes on different days, I really wonder how this country works with so many days off and including the weekends?? But it was a very nice opportunity to have a swimming break and it was really fun….. freezing cold water in the lake. This lake had a temple in the middle of it like an island and being a long distance swimmer how could I wait to reach there, I was there in 5 minutes to visit this temple and returned back swimming.
It was really a brief view of this country…..much more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment