Sunday, March 28, 2010

ONE HAS TO BE AN ATHLETE………………………





Play any game, but it is necessary to have an Athlete physic first. It includes good stamina, strength and flexibility with firm determination. For that you need proper coach and training.
The whole world says the same
But who all follow this!!!
It sounds too energetic to say but is very hard and bugging in practical.
When I started swimming I was quite hefty. I used to do a bit of running and nothing else for fitness. For some days, I was doing good, but after reaching a certain level I understood that I was lacking in fitness. My timing for the swimming events was not changing for a year. Then I realized the importance of physical training. The very next day my father called Mr. Afzal Pathan from Wai for physical training. He trained me for a month. The exercises which he thought me were not taken from the books, these were natural exercises. In these days my fitness level and self instruction theory was increased.
I actually was playing two games together – Swimming & Paragliding. I had to decide which game to play professionally, I chose Paragliding.
My fitness also helped me in Paragliding. I was not having the required strength for this game, therefore I was not able to control my glider on the ground, which is the most important to understand your glider. Many of them asked me to go for ground handing practice but I was not able to keep my glider on my head on the ground. Later I had to increase my work out to become strong. Like Rocky Marciano and other boxers I had to go for some arm workout, for example: digging, hill climbing with weight, pulling water from wells, gym workout, carrying weight on my arms and swimming, etc. This increased my power, stamina, endurance and confidence which all most made my ground handling perfect which was essential. Other pilots also started appreciating my improvement in Paragliding.
I am not 14 years old yet, but I feel somewhat I am better than before. And I am confident that I will be able to compete with other pilots all around the world, in 4-5 years.
Please note : Paragliding is not an easy game. You need to be 100% fit physically and mentally.

2 comments:

  1. Quote" Paragliding is not an easy game. You need to be 100% fit physically and mentally." Absolute bollox. I am disabled, have been for over twenty years and I fly ok. I do fall over a lot but I cope with that. Has this person never heard of Flyability? Un researched comments like this can put people off and can do untold damage to our sport. She should re think her point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right sir,
    but the day when I went for my Paragliding test, I was 10 years old.Quit light in weight and I was also said that my mind is not developed for decision making at emergency,and therefore considered as unfit .I had to give special tests for proving them wrong.I tried to make my self fit doing yoga,etc.

    It is a great honor to speak with a highly experienced pilot like you .I would surely like to meet you sir .

    Best regards,
    Shrikanta

    ReplyDelete